At Rare Surf Tees, your privacy is of paramount importance. We recognise that your personal information is important to you and share your concerns about how information is collected, used and shared.
Rare Surf Tees is committed to safeguarding your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. Our staff are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with our standards, policies and procedures.
Collecting your personal information
We collect information for a number of reasons including:
• when you order goods or services, particularly when those products are delivered;
• to complete other transactions with you or on your behalf;
• to better understand your requirements and preferences;
• to improve our service;
• to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website or provide feedback to us and may include:
• delivery address;
• phone number;
• email address;
• age details; or
• transaction information.
Using and disclosing your personal information
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, your personal information may be used for a number of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
• to provide you with information about our products or services;
• to administer our relationship with you;
• to facilitate the running of, and your participation in, loyalty programs;
• to monitor activity on this website (for the purpose of maintaining the security of the website);
• to compile customer databases to enable us to market Rare Surf Tees.
• to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you; and
• to help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes, so as to improve our website, marketing strategies and the products and services generally offered by us.
If you elect not to provide your personal information to us, you will not be able to place an order for goods online, have goods or services delivered, participate in any of our loyalty programs or competitions. We will also be unable to provide you with information and marketing materials about our products, services or offers by Rare Surf Tees
Your email address
We will only record your email address if you provide it to us. We will only use it for sending you information you have requested about any of the services or products we provide through our website, or for another use for which you have provided it. It will not be used for any unauthorized purpose or disclosed without your consent (unless required by law). By providing us with your email address, you will have given your consent. If you do not wish to consent or receive any communication from us, please ensure that you select the ‘opt out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you. Alternatively, you can notify us that you wish to be removed from our mailing list by sending an email to us at email@example.com
We will often need to pass your personal details such as your name and address to companies who perform part of our service delivery. The relevant organisations include those:
• involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service such as third party suppliers, delivery services, printers, posting services.
• involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
• as required or authorized by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue; or
• where you have given your consent.
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our website is protected.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed. From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.